Planning a visit to Belgrade with kids can be a fun and rewarding experience, as the city offers many attractions and activities that are suitable for families.
Here are some tips on how to plan a visit to Belgrade with kids:
- Choose the best time to visit: Belgrade has a continental climate, with hot summers and cold winters. The best time to visit is from April to October when the weather is mild and pleasant. Avoid visiting in July and August, when the temperatures can be very high and the city can be crowded with tourists.
- Book your accommodation: Belgrade has a wide range of accommodation options, from hotels and hostels to apartments and guesthouses. You can find something that suits your budget and preferences.
WHAT TO DO IN BELGRADE WITH KIDS?
There you can explore the history, nature, and culture of the city. You can see the military museum, the zoo, the dinosaur park, the observatory, and more.
Learn about the life and work of the famous inventor Nikola Tesla. At the Nikola Tesla Museum, where you can see his inventions, documents, and photographs. You can also participate in interactive experiments and demonstrations.
Enjoy the outdoors at Ada Ciganlija, a lake island with many recreational facilities. You can swim, bike, kayak, play golf, tennis, paintball and more. There are also cafes, restaurants, and playgrounds for kids.
Stroll along Knez Mihailova, the main street of Belgrade with many shops, cafes, and landmarks.
Admire St. Sava Temple, the second largest Orthodox church in the world with stunning architecture and mosaics.
Climb up the Millenary Monument, also known as the Gardos Tower, a monument that offers a great view of the city and the river.
Cruise along the Sava and Danube River, the second longest river in Europe that flows through Belgrade.
Have fun at the Museum of Illusions, where you can experience optical illusions, holograms, mirror rooms, and other mind-bending exhibits. You can also take selfies and photos with your family. It will be a great fun in Belgrade with kids.
Have fun at the Selfie Museum Expose, a museum where you can take great pictures and have lots of fun.
Admire the view from the Avala Tower, a 204-meter-tall tower that offers a panoramic view of Belgrade and its surroundings. You can also visit the Monument of the Unknown Hero and the Avala Film studios nearby
What to visit outside Belgrade with kids?
It all depends on how many days you decide to stay in Belgrade. The answer to how many days you need to stay in Belgrade when traveling with kids may depend on your personal preferences, budget, and interests.
A general recommendation is to spend at least 3 days in Belgrade. Of course, you can always extend your stay in Belgrade if you want to enjoy some landmarks outside Belgrade.
There are many beautiful places to visit with kids outside Belgrade. According to my recommendations, some of the best things to do with kids outside Belgrade are:
Explore Fruška Gora National Park, Serbia’s oldest national park with rolling meadows, vineyards, waterfalls, hot springs, and ancient monasteries.
Private Day Tour: Fruska Gora Monasteries and Sremski Karlovci - $137.38
Embark on this private day tour of Serbia and its majestic sights. See the Slopes of Fruska Gora and Sremski Karlovci, which are significant places for Serbia’s history, culture and national heritage. The town of Sremski Karlovci combines it all, plus more history, religion, wine and beauty.
Enjoy the Novi Sad, Serbia’s second-largest city with a lively music scene, art galleries, cafes, bars, and historic architecture.
Đerdap National Park
Learn about the Sremska Mitrovica, the former capital of the Roman Empire and the birthplace of 10 emperors with archaeological sites and museums. The biggest playroom for kids with a beautiful terrace with a sight of the Orthodox church and pedestrian zone.
Is Belgrade a safe city if you visit it with small kids?
Belgrade is generally a safe and children-friendly destination if you visit it with small kids. Belgrade has low levels of street crime, violent crime, and pickpocketing compared to other European capitals.
However, like in any other big city, there are some precautions that you should take to ensure your safety and comfort in Belgrade. Some of the tips are:
- When visiting Belgrade with kids, beware of aggressive beggars and street vendors who may try to scam you or distract you while someone else steals your belongings.
- Keep your valuables on you at all times and never out of sight. Lock your car, close your windows, and do not leave anything in plain sight in your car.
- When you are in Belgrade with kids, try to avoid political discussions or demonstrations, as they may turn violent or cause unrest. Respect the local culture and history and do not make insensitive remarks or jokes.
I hope this helps you feel more confident about visiting Belgrade with your kids. It is a beautiful city with a lot of culture, history, and fun to offer. Have a great time!
Is Belgrade cheap if you are visiting with kids?
- 49 USD per day for a solo traveler.
- 62 USD per day for a solo traveler staying in a hotel.
- 110 USD per day for a couple.
- 190 USD per day for a family with two children.
- 1 US$ is approximately 107 Serbian Dinars.
- 1 Euro is approximately 117 Serbian Dinars.
These costs include accommodation, food, transportation, and entertainment. Of course, the actual cost may vary depending on your personal preferences, travel style, and season. You can find cheaper or more expensive options for each category.
Some of the ways to save money while visiting Belgrade with kids are:
- Stay in an apartment or a hostel instead of a hotel.
- Use public transportation or walk instead of taxis or car rentals. Belgrade is a walking-friendly city.
- Eat at local bakeries, fast food joints, or markets instead of restaurants.
- Visit free or low-cost attractions such as parks, museums, and churches.
- Look for discounts or deals online or at tourist information centers. Check Belgrade's main information center on Knez Mihajlova Street!
I hope this helps you plan your budget for your trip to Belgrade with the kids.
shell we find everything needed when we visit Belgrade with toddlers?
You will find everything needed for toddlers when you visit Belgrade. Belgrade is a family-friendly destination that offers many facilities and services for parents and children. Some of the things you will find in Belgrade for toddlers are:
- Baby food and diapers: You can buy baby food and diapers at most supermarkets, pharmacies, and convenience stores in Belgrade. You can also find some organic and vegan options at health food stores and markets.
- Some of the popular brands are Hipp, Nestle, Milupa, Pampers, and Huggies.
- You can rent baby equipment such as strollers, car seats, cribs, high chairs, and toys at some hotels or online platforms such as Baby Traveler or Bebi Servis. You can also buy baby equipment at some shops and malls such as Mothercare, Chicco, Dexy Co Kids, or Ušće Shopping Center.
Baby-friendly restaurants: You can find many restaurants and cafes that are welcoming to toddlers in Belgrade:
I hope this helps you feel more prepared for your trip to Belgrade with your toddler. It is a great city to visit with kids. Have a wonderful time!