Cheap Flights to Belgrade
Once you decide to visit Serbia, to find cheap flights to Belgrade from hundreds of different airlines, it will not be an easy task. I know from my personal experience that there aren’t many low-cost flights to Belgrade.
Many believe that the main reason is that Serbia has not yet become a member of the EU. This is only partly right. In spite of the fact that Belgrade isn’t a beaten track destination, still you can find some super cheap airfares.
Tired of wasting time browsing the web to find cheap airfares? Here are some tips that will save you hours to find a discounted airfares to Belgrade and Serbia.
Find cheap flights to Belgrade online
When you decide to browse airline sites looking for affordable airline tickets, I usually start from these three places:
- Skyscanner – Definitely, the best airfare search engine. It usually shows the best prices. One of the options that Skyscanner offers is ‘Everywhere’ item. Instead of specific destination choosing everywhere, you’ll get the cheapest flights from where you fly to anywhere in the world at specific dates. I find it very helpful!
JetRadar is one of the biggest online search engines when it comes to finding flights from around the world. They have helped thousands of people in comparing ticket prices online, tracking down special offers and booking the cheapest tickets available at this time.
They are one of the fastest travel search engines that I’ve been using lately.
- Google Flights – The primary reason to use Google Flights is because it’s fast. It’s free and it’s one of the best sources for a second opinion you can find on the Web. The site still doesn’t let you book a ticket directly through Google. But, it’s the best as a free second opinion to Kayak (5 stars).
When is the best time to fly?
The best time to fly to Belgrade is during February and March, but great deals can be found in other periods of the year. Considering the weather in July and August in Belgrade rather hot and sultry, plane tickets tend to be lower. The same happens in June, as the most rainy month.
When is the best time to book a flights?
The best time to book flights to Belgrade is 60 days before your desired departure date. The cost of your flight will likely increase significantly if you book two weeks in advance of your flight.
Which day is the cheapest to fly?
Perhaps, it may seem not important, what day would you choose to fly to Belgrade. The cheapest flights to Belgrade are usually found when departing on Thursday. From my experience, Friday results as a day with the highest cost.
What time of day is the cheapest to fly?
At the moment, flights in the morning are likely to offer the best value for money for your Belgrade trip. A midday flight tents to be of higher cost.
Direct or 1 stop cheap flights to Belgrade
When flying in Belgrade, it happens that direct flight costs more than a flight with One Stop. One stop flight means there is a layover (intermediate stop) between starting point and your final destination.
The disadvantage of on stop flight is the flying time. For example a flight from Milan (MXP) via Frankfurt to Belgrade lasts 4 hours and 18 minutes. On return from Belgrade via Munich to Milan (MXP) lasts 3 hours and 20 minutes.
This example refers to 27 february (Thursday) and return on Monday March 2. The price is 143 Euro round trip. If you choose direct flight it will cost you 160 Euro. It’s not a big difference but it’s still cheaper.
Where can you get direct flights to Belgrade from?
Unfortunately, some of the more popular airports in the United States don’t offer direct flights to Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport. However, many of the leading airports in the United States offer one-stop Belgrade flight deals.
For example, if you’re in the Los Angeles area, you can go to the Los Angeles International Airport and use airlines like Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, SWISS, and KLM, for one-stop flights to Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport.
I’ve found the cheap flights to Belgrade by Turkish Airlines with on stop to Istanbul . The ticket price range from (round trip) from Euro 760 to 790 (including luggage). The second more convenient is Lufthansa with on stop flight via Vienna. The price is almost identical. Check this flights here!
If you’re in the San Francisco area, you can visit the San Francisco International Airport and use airlines like SWISS and KLM to get to Belgrade. Moreover, the Boston Logan International Airport offers a one-stop flight as well.
You can also find one-stop flights at Chicago O’Hare International Airport and Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Low-cost flights to serbia
Unfortunately, there are not many low-cost airlines flying to Belgrade and other destinations in Serbia. Here are some airline companies that apply low-cost airfares to Belgrade:
- WIZZ low cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe, flies to and from Belgrade Nikola Tesla airport and offers cheap flights to Cyprus, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden and United Kingdom. One of the most wanted destination is:
- London (Luton) to Belgrade airport – the best price starts from 38.99 GBP (51 Euro) one way.
- Spanish Vueling keeps connection from Barcelona to Belgrade – For example June 2020 round trip costs 141 $.
Cheap flights to Other Serbian destinations
If you really want to take advantage of low-cost air fares, than Ryanair is the best solution. This low-cost carrier flies to Nis, Serbia. Nis is one of the undiscovered treasures of Eastern Europe.
Ryanair flies to Nis from these European cities, Bratislava – Nis, Milan – Nis, Berlin – Nis, Malta – Nis and Stockholm – Nis. Prices are really very convenient, typical for this carrier.
- Milan Bergamo to Nis in April 2020 starts at 09.99 Euro one way.
- Berlin Schönefeld to Nis in April 2020 starts at 19,27 Euro one way.
- Bratislava – Nis, one way tickets start as low as 13 Euro.
- From Malta to Nis, you can fly from 12,99 Euro.
- Check Ryanair flying schedule and prices to Nis in 2020.